Below you will find information on how I use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have
Dr Kai Westerwelle, 2823 Pine Street, 94115 San Francisco (“I”, “me”, “my”) is controller in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as further applicable data protection laws.
2. Processing of Personal Data / Purpose of Processing
The technical provider of the Website automatically might collect and store information that your browser automatically transmits to me in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
These data will not be combined with data from other sources.
The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO which allows the processing of data on prevailing legitimate interest of the controller. My legitimate interest is to ensure unimpeded and trouble-free access to my Website.
For further information on the processing by cookies and tools of third party provider see Sections 3 ff. below.
The hosting of the Website offered is carried out by an external service provider (1&1 Internet SE, Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur) on my behalf. Your data will be stored on protected servers within the EU. Access is only possible to a few specially authorised persons who are involved with the technical, commercial or editorial support of the servers.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that I become aware of your identity.
In addition, the Website may also use temporary cookies that can be stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit my site again, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with me.
The data processed by cookies is required for the above purposes in order to protect my legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot use all functions of my Website.
My website service provider has implemented measures, including SSL or TLS encryption, designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
5. No requirement to provide personal data
The provision of your personal data will generally be voluntarily and there is no statutory nor contractual obligation to provide your personal data. I generally do not contractually require provision of your personal data.
6. Data Retention
I strive to keep my processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this Policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as I need it to fulfil the purpose for which I have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
7. Your Rights
You have the right, at any time
- without giving reasons according to Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your data stored with me. With the exception of any connection fees charged by your provider, you will not incur any costs as a result of the enquiry;
- to have the data corrected in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to have the data deleted in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR;
- to have the data blocked in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR;
- to object to other forms of processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR;
- to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit them to another person responsible in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- lodge an appeal with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
If you have any questions that this policy could not answer, or if you require further information on a particular point, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. You can reach me as follows under the above address or by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.